INGSA2021 Digital Posters – Expressions of Interest
The INGSA2021 conference will largely be an online congress, attracting academics, policy-makers and science advice practitioners from across the globe.
In place of a typical research conference and poster sessions, INGSA2021 will instead feature a Digital Posters platform. This will enable participants to provide short and compelling pre-recorded video presentations on research or innovations across the field of science advice and science diplomacy.
These will be a great opportunity for academics and practitioners to share their research in a compelling format with other leading scholars in your field, as well as to gain a wider international audience for your work. These Digital Posters will be peer reviewed and can be considered an accepted abstract for the conference; likewise you will be welcome to use the video for your own promotion following the conference.
We are also expecting that there will be awards for the best Digital Posters as well as opportunities for these to be showcased in the main conference sessions.
These Digital Posters will be available before, during and following the conference as a resource for conference delegates to view. Your video will also link to your personal conference profile, enabling delegates to download additional information relating to your presentation, and to contact you directly for more information.
Digital Posters will be accepted based on submission of a written abstract. We welcome submissions on any of INGSA’s main areas of interest, including:
- Science advice in emergencies
- Multi-level governance and science advice
- Science diplomacy
- Inclusive and open practices
- Novel tools and frameworks for science advice
- Or topics linking to any of INGSA2021’s three main themes:
- Promise and Pandemic: Reshaping Science Advice
- Foresight and Resilience: From SDGs to Emerging Technologies
- Evidence and Democracy: Sustaining Trust in a Challenging World
Abstracts will be reviewed by our academic team and then successful applicants will be invited to submit their Digital Poster in advance of the conference in Aug-Sept 2021.
- Please provide an abstract (300 words) outlining the research or innovation that you would like to record a Digital Poster presentation on. Abstracts will need to be in English. You can submit your abstract via this form: https://www.ingsa.org/ingsa2021/digital-posters/
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to record a FIVE MINUTE MAXIMUM Digital Poster for inclusion in the conference. We will be enforcing this five minute rule as it encourages participants to be concise, compelling and creative with their presentation.
- There will be space on the platform to provide links to additional information and also enable delegates to contact you directly for networking or more information.
- There are no limits on what you can do for your presentation (slides, visuals, animations, etc.), so long as it sticks to less than five minutes. Your Digital Poster will need to be hosted externally (for example : uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or other video hosting sites) and you will be asked to provide us with the embed link – please note that video files will not be accepted, we can only accept embedded links to your externally hosted video.
- March 2021: Abstracts open for submission via https://www.ingsa.org/ingsa2021/digital-posters/
- 11th April 2021: Submission for Abstracts Closes
- Early May 2021: Successful applicants notified and invited to submit Digital Poster for INGSA2021
- 30th July 2021: Deadline for Digital Poster submission
- 30th Aug- 2nd Sept: INGSA2021 conference
For more information or if you encounter any issues, please contact Grant Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
By submitting a Digital Poster for INGSA2021, you authorize the broadcasting of any image or video of your person, in whole or in part, individually or with other images or videos on the Ingsa website and other official sites, as well as for media purposes, including promotional presentations and advertising campaigns.